Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Giving Soap: A Tutorial

My friend Amy gave me some cute washcloths and asked if I would put each of them together with a bar of soap. I tried a few different ways of assembling them, and finally settled on this "swaddling" technique.


They turned out so cute and they were super easy to do, so I thought I would share it with you how I did it.

Start with some new washcloths.


Lay one out flat (tag facing up).


Begin folding each corner toward the middle.


Now you see that all four corners have been folded in, and your square should be on-point.


Fold the top point down to the middle.


Place the bar of soap onto the towel, aligned with the top fold.


Fold the bottom point up, as you did with the top.


Then, fold the bottom up over the bar of soap.


Continue swaddling the soap by folding in the sides.  You should make it pretty snug, you don't want the baby...err...bar of soap to fall out.


Tie with a ribbon.  In this case, I re-used the ribbon had been bundling the new washcloths. Don't you just love that?!


Did you notice my switcharoo from blue to pink?  I didn't have anymore ribbon from the bundles left to tie the blue one, but I think I was able to get six tied with the two lengths of ribbon I had.

So cute!


And oh, so easy!


Consider trying this the next time you buy a bar of my soap to give to that special someone.  It's a gift that is sure to be adored and appreciated! Pretty AND practical, how can you go wrong with that?!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh these are so super cute! And talk about reusable packaging =) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My friend said they were a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...