Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Soapendipity is International!

Last week, on her way to the sale at the yarn shop, Diane stopped in to check out the Soap Bar.  She told me she was leaving soon for Korea to teach English for a month and was looking for unique, locally made host/hostess gifts to take with her.  She came back the next day and placed her order for six gift bags.  In each was a bar of Yuzu scented soap, a 2 oz matching lotion, and a lip balm.  She came in today to pick them up and was thrilled with how they turned out!  I might be a little biased, but I am thrilled too.  It is amazing what a cellophane bag and some curling ribbon will do to make something look great and instantly gift worthy!!


I also made lotions and sugar scrubs in Energy, Lemon Drop and Summer Melon.  These fragrances are perfect for summer!  Feeling inspired, I made up gift sets for each of these.  In the set is a 4 oz lotion, a 4 oz sugar scrub and a bar of soap.  Within five minutes of curling the last ribbon, Lynda (who also stopped in for the first time last week) walked in and bought the Energy set for a wedding gift!

In addition to the 4 oz size set, I can also do each of those scents in an 8 oz size.  More fragrances are going to be added weekly, so if you have a favorite, let me know and I can make it for you.  Hint, hint...Apricot Freesia and a fragrance called Tropical Vacation (which is a heavenly mix of mango, coconut and pineapple...yum!) will be added next.

Also new this week are the Sun Soothers, in both lotion and spritzer.  If you overdid it in the sun and are feeling the burn, these are wonderfully cooling and soothing.  The spritzer is especially great right out of the refrigerator!  I am so excited about this product, I even thought about intentionally getting a sunburn, just so I could try it out as it was meant to be used.  Don't worry, I didn't have to intentionally get burned (don't try this at home...the use of sunscreen is highly encouraged).  After an impromptu trip to the west side and back on Friday, I had driver's arm...that burn you get only on your left arm from the sun shining through the driver's side window.  I am pretty fastidious about the use of sunscreen (as I am the fairest of fair), but even I forget to slather it on before driving.

Upcoming Events at Soapendipity:
Mineral Foundation class (still a couple of spots left) - this Thursday, July 15th, 6-8pm
Grand Opening Celebration - Thursday, July 22nd, 6-10pm

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Cellophane and cute, curled ribbon are secret weapons. They'll spruce anything up. The gift bags are going to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...